Ring in Spring Semester
By Carla Capizzi //
January 6, 2015
You’ve welcomed the new year and are enjoying your winter break, but ready or not, spring semester begins Jan. 20 (Jan. 12 for law students).
These websites can help get you get back in the swing of a new semester and campus life:
- It’s not too late to register: Useful registration info for undergraduates and for graduate students
- What you need to know about on-campus housing
- Got your financial aid squared away? Have you paid your term bill?
- Buy a parking permit and learn about non-RU parking near the campus as well as the free University shuttle system, at Commuter Transit and Parking Services.
- Check out dates and deadlines on the spring 2015 Academic Calendar
- Grab your book lists and head to the campus Barnes & Noble bookstore; it’s also a great place to get your Rutgers University-Newark gear!
- When is Dana Library reopening? How about the Paul Robeson Campus Center and the Golden Dome Athletic Center?
- Take advantage of free concerts, dance performances, talks and more on campus!
- The city of Newark has lots of things to do, and The Newark Museum, Newark Public Library, NJPAC and the Prudential Arena also offer special events and some discounts for students. And there are plenty of places to eat both on-campus and nearby in the city.
- Remember: You don’t have to leave campus to fill a prescription or receive health services