Where to Eat
Newark's reputation for great food and dining is well deserved. Here are just a few choices on and near campus.
- 1 Park Bistro ($) 1 Washington Park
- Center for Law and Justice Cafe ($) 123 Washington Street
- Java's Brewin' ($) 155 University Ave.
- Quizno's ($) Paul Robeson Campus Center
- Robeson Food Court ($) Paul Robeson Campus Center
- Sbarro's ($) 155 University Ave.
- Starbucks ($) Paul Robeson Campus Center
- Stonsby Commons & Eatery ($) Woodward Hall
- Subway ($) 155 University Ave.
- University Club ($) Paul Robeson Campus Center
Off Campus and Nearby
- Coffee Cave ($) 45 Halsey Street
- Harvest Table ($) 127 Halsey Street
- House of Thai ($) 59 New Street
- Kilkenny Alehouse ($$) 27 Central Avenue
- McGovern's Pub ($) 58 New Street
- Newark Museum Cafe ($) 49 Washington Street
- Robert's Pizza ($) 63 New Street
- Skipper's Plane Street Pub ($) 304 University Avenue
- Woodrow's ($) 61 New Street
- Babe's Cheesesteaks ($) 191 Central Avenue
- 58 Park ($$) 58 Park Place
- Hobby's Deli ($$) 32 Branford Place
- 27 Mix ($$) 27 Halsey Street
- Maize at Robert Treat Hotel ($$$) 50 Park Place
- Nico and Tier 3 Cafe at NJPAC ($$$) 1 Center Street
More restaurants can be found at
Newark's famous Ironbound district, with great Portuguese and Spanish food, is just a few blocks away.
Read, Food, Glorious Food, an article about exploring Middle Eastern and Asian Cuisine in University Heights.
Joined Rutgers: 1946
Campus Size: 38 acres, 33 buildings
Chancellor: Nancy Cantor
Provost: Todd Clear
Undergraduate Majors: 40+
Graduate Programs: 50+ (JD, MA, MBA, MFA, MPA, MS, Ph.D.)
Athletics: 14 NCAA Division III women and men's teams
Enrollment (fall 2013)
Full-time Faculty: 585
Faculty with Terminal Degrees: 99%
Full-time Staff: 770
Male/Female Ratio: 50:50
Student/Faculty Ratio: 13:1
Nations Represented: 100+
On-campus Residents: 1,280
Basic Type: Research Universities (high research activity)
Special Classification: Community Engagement