Congratulations Class of 2014!
The main 2015 ceremony is scheduled for Monday, May 18, at 9 a.m., at the Prudential Center. The School of-Law Newark will hold a separate ceremony on May 22, 2015, at 10 a.m. in the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
On May 21, Nancy Cantor presided over her first commencement at RU-N, which also was the first multi-school ceremony in the 100-year-plus history of RU-N.Some 2,400 graduates received undergraduate, master's and doctoral degrees, while the founder and chief executive officer of Audible, Inc., Donald Katz, received an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree and gave the commencement address. A crowd of family, friends, faculty, and staff approaching 20,000 packed the Prudential Center in Newark for the festivities. Participating in the ceremonies were graduating students from the Newark College of Arts and Sciences, University College-Newark, the Graduate School-Newark, the Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick; the School of Criminal Justice and the School of Public Affairs and Administration.
The School of Law-Newark and the College of Nursing held separate ceremonies.
Transcripts of the remarks by Cantor and Katz, as well as undergraduate student speaker Selorm Quist and graduate student speaker Julie Godfrey can be found below.
- Chancellor Cantor's opening remarks >
- Speaker: Don Katz, CEO, Audible, Inc. (bio) Commencement address >
- Graduate Student Speaker Julie Godfrey's address >
- Undergraduate Student Speaker Selorm Quist's address >
- Law School Student Speaker Leonard V. Jones' address >
- College of Nursing Speaker Dr. Barbara Aranda-Naranjo's address >
- Photo Gallery >
- Graduating Students Spotlight Video >