Feeling Nostalgic, Alumni? Visit Your Alma Mater For Alumni Weekend, April 11-12
Save the Dates
Rutgers University-Newark invites alumni from all graduating classes to reunite with classmates and friends at the 2014 Alumni Weekend. The weekend kicks off with a young alumni mixer on the evening of April 11, and continues throughout Saturday, April 12, with a bevy of fun activities, including an alumni weekend brunch with guest speaker Nancy Cantor, the new RU-N chancellor. A tour through Branch Brook Park, the Spring Fling Carnival, and several reunions for individual schools and academic programs complete an exciting lineup. RU-N’s campus serves as the primary venue, with a few activities off site. For a complete listing of the weekend’s events, and to register, visit: http://bit.ly/PfGOgE
- Calling All Alumni: All Classes, Schools Invited To April 12-13 Reunion
- Miller Initiative at Rutgers–Newark Law Supports Summit on Fighting Violence Against Religious Communities
- Now on View at the Robeson Galleries: A Rare Look at the Creative Process
- Want to Make Some Fine Feathered Friends This May? Come Bird-Watching at Rutgers University- Newark
Contact the Rutgers University Alumni Association, at 973-353-5242 or Newark@winants.rutgers.edu, for information about events and registration.
Here are highlights of events open to alumni and their guests.
Friday, April 11
· Young Alumni Mixer; $15 (classes 2003-2014 ), $20 (all others); 6-8 p.m.; Papillon 25 Restaurant and Martini Bar, 25 Valley Street, South Orange, N.J.
Saturday, April 12
· Alumni Brunch with the Golden and Silver Raider Societies; $25; 11 a.m.-1p.m.; Ackerson Hall, Third Floor Atrium, 180 University Ave.
· Bicycle or Shuttle Bus Tour of Branch Brook Park; $5; 1:30-3:00 p.m.
· Spring Fling Carnival; Free; 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; outside Woodward Residence Hall, 91 Bleeker St.
SCHOOL AND ACADEMIC PROGRAM REUNIONS, SATURDAY, APRIL 12
· Rutgers College of Nursing Alumni Association
· Rutgers MBA in Professional Accounting Program Reunion, Classes of 1964 and 1989, and Executive MBA, Class of 1989
· Newark College of Arts and Sciences and School of Business, Class of 1959
· Honors College
· School of Criminal Justice and School of Criminal Justice Alumni Association
· School of Public Affairs and Administration and School of Public Affairs and Administration Alumni Network
*Please note that each school has its own itinerary. For more information, visit: http://bit.ly/PfGOgE
MEDIA CONTACT: Jade McClain
Joined Rutgers: 1946
Campus Size: 38 acres, 33 buildings
Chancellor: Nancy Cantor
Provost: Todd Clear
Undergraduate Majors: 40+
Graduate Programs: 50+ (JD, MA, MBA, MFA, MPA, MS, Ph.D.)
Athletics: 14 NCAA Division III women and men's teams
Enrollment (fall 2013)
Full-time Faculty: 585
Faculty with Terminal Degrees: 99%
Full-time Staff: 770
Male/Female Ratio: 50:50
Student/Faculty Ratio: 13:1
Nations Represented: 100+
On-campus Residents: 1,280
Basic Type: Research Universities (high research activity)
Special Classification: Community Engagement