April 17th Open House At Rutgers University, Newark, Offers One-Stop Information For Potential Students
– Invest a few hours on April 17th and get a return that will pay dividends for a lifetime. Saturday, April 17, is the annual campuswide open house at Rutgers University, Newark, a day geared for anyone interested in a higher education, from an incoming freshman to a transfer student to someone looking to earn a graduate degree. The open house includes all disciplines at Rutgers-Newark, ranging from the arts, social sciences, humanities, the sciences, nursing, law, public affairs, criminal justice, or business.NEWARK, N.J., March 12, 2010)
- Rutgers University-Newark, Hudson County Community College to Streamline Transfer Procedures, Improve Students’ Academic Success in Earning Baccalaureates
- Gain An Edge Over The Competition Through Summer Studies
- Major Changes Are Coming to the Way that Rutgers University‒Newark Prepares Future Teachers
- County College of Morris Will Offer Rutgers Baccalaureates at CCM’s Randolph Campus Beginning In Fall 2014
The April 17 open house, which is free and open to all, begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 1:30 p.m. Represenatatives from the university’s undergraduate and gradute academic departments and schools will be on hand to answer questions one-on-one and will present information sessions. Prospective students and their families also will be able to get information on financial aid, the admissions process, housing on campus, student life, campus services, and other vital information. The day’s activities include walking tours of the campus’s academic buildings, laboratories, student center, recreational facilities, and residence halls. The annual Spring Fling carnival, also held on campus on Apri 17, will offer a fun look at campus life, including games, music and a barbecue.
The all-campus open house will include: the Newark College of Arts and Sciences, University College-Newark, the Graduate School-Newark, the Rutgers College of Nursing, the Rutgers School of Law-Newark, the Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick, the Rutgers School of Criminal Justice, and the Rutgers School of Public Affairs and Administration.
Registration for prospective undergraduates and transfer students begins at 8:30 a.m. on University Avenue , at the Rutgers-Newark arch. For those interested in graduate programs, registration is at 10:30 a.m., in the Paul Robeson Campus Center, 350 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Room 232.
Free parking will be available in Parking Deck 1, 200 University Ave.; the campus can also be reached by New Jersey Transit buses and trains, the PATH train and Amtrak from New York City, and by the Newark Light Rail. Campus maps, mass transit information and driving directions to the campus are at http://www.newark.rutgers.edu/maps/
For more information, please contact Carrie Livingston Alesiani, Admissions, email@example.com, or 973/353.5205.
Members of the media who would like to attend should contact Carla Capizzi, 973/353-5263, or firstname.lastname@example.org