Congratulations Class of 2014!
On May 21, Nancy Cantor presided over her first commencement at RU-N, which also was the first multi-school ceremony in the 100-year-plus history of RU-N.Some 2,400 graduates received undergraduate, master's and doctoral degrees, while the founder and chief executive officer of Audible, Inc., Donald Katz, received an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree and gave the commencement address. A crowd of family, friends, faculty, and staff approaching 20,000 packed the Prudential Center in Newark for the festivities. Participating in the ceremonies were graduating students from the Newark College of Arts and Sciences, University College-Newark, the Graduate School-Newark, the Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick; the School of Criminal Justice and the School of Public Affairs and Administration.
The School of Law-Newark and the College of Nursing held separate ceremonies.
Transcripts of the remarks by Cantor and Katz, as well as undergraduate student speaker Selorm Quist and graduate student speaker Julie Godfrey can be found below.
- Chancellor Cantor's opening remarks >
- Speaker: Don Katz, CEO, Audible, Inc. (bio) Commencement address >
- Graduate Student Speaker Julie Godfrey's address >
- Undergraduate Student Speaker Selorm Quist's address >
- Law School Student Speaker Leonard V. Jones' address >
- College of Nursing Speaker Dr. Barbara Aranda-Naranjo's address >
- Photo Gallery >
- Graduating Students Spotlight Video >
- Sep. 10: Intro to Entrepreneurship Q&A
- Sep. 17: Donald L. McCabe Academic Integrity Award Reception
- Sep. 22: Homecoming Week
Joined Rutgers: 1946
Campus Size: 38 acres, 33 buildings
Chancellor: Nancy Cantor
Provost: Todd Clear
Undergraduate Majors: 40+
Graduate Programs: 50+ (JD, MA, MBA, MFA, MPA, MS, Ph.D.)
Athletics: 14 NCAA Division III women and men's teams
Enrollment (fall 2013)
Full-time Faculty: 585
Faculty with Terminal Degrees: 99%
Full-time Staff: 770
Male/Female Ratio: 50:50
Student/Faculty Ratio: 13:1
Nations Represented: 100+
On-campus Residents: 1,280
Basic Type: Research Universities (high research activity)
Special Classification: Community Engagement