Have You Met Rutgers-Newark?

Home to arts and television classes, a theater, and a post office

Bradley Hall (110 Warren St) is the home of two academic departments -- Arts, Media and Culture, and Urban Education -- as well as the Learning Center, Academic Foundations Center, Bradley Theatre and the campus post office.

Bradley Hall was named for the man whose lone vote determined a Presidential election in 1876. Joseph P. Bradley graduated from Rutgers College in 1836 and was admitted to the New Jersey Bar in 1839. This patent, commercial and corporation lawyer ran unsuccessfully for Congress in 1862, but he was, however appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1870 by President Grant. In 1877, Bradley was appointed to the Electoral Commission established by Congress to resolve the disputed 1876 election between Rutherford B. Hayes and Samuel Tilden. His vote for Hayes determined the outcome. Formerly part of a Prudential Insurance Company printing plant and distribution center, Bradley Hall was acquired by the university in 1971.