Rutgers University – Newark is open and operating
COVID-19 Vaccination Policies
In support of Rutgers’ commitment to health and safety for all members of its community, the University will be updating its Immunization Requirements for Students to include the COVID-19 vaccine. (Read Policy 10.3.14 Interim COVID-19 Immunization Record Requirement for Students). This health policy update means that, with limited exceptions, all students planning to attend in the Fall 2021 semester must be fully vaccinated.
Getting vaccinated and knowing how many are vaccinated are key to returning to a fully vibrant campus this fall. Students and employees should upload their COVID-19 vaccination information as soon as possible.
Rutgers University is offering free COVID-19 vaccines to eligible individuals at clinics in Camden, Newark, and Piscataway. No insurance card is required. To make an appointment at one of our clinics, or to get help scheduling an appointment at a clinic closer to you, call Rutgers’ Vaccine Scheduling Assistance Program at 848-445-3033, Monday-Friday from 9 am - 5 pm:
Vaccinations are the best way to move forward safely and return to many of the things we've been missing. So, join more than half of your fellow New Jerseyans and get vaccinated.
Rutgers faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to get immunized against COVID-19 at the earliest opportunity. All individuals aged 16 and older who live, work, or study in New Jersey are eligible for vaccination.
Proof of vaccination will be required for all students planning to attend this fall. Any vaccine authorized for use in the U.S. is acceptable. Some incoming students may be 17 years old and only eligible for the Pfizer vaccine.
Students may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical or religious reasons. Students enrolled in fully online degree programs (typically defined as having no access to on-campus facilities), as well as individuals participating in fully online or off-campus Continuing Education programs, will not need to provide proof of vaccination.
COVID OPERATING STATUS
This website is your official source for information and services related to our operations. It will be revised as availability of services evolves. In close coordination with deans, faculty, and staff members, colleagues across Rutgers and academic, advising, administrative, and student affairs offices, as well as having gathered feedback from undergraduate and graduate students, Rutgers-Newark is open and operating with most classes offered remotely.
- Navigating our Classrooms and Student Spaces
- Rutgers-Newark Health and Safety Protocols Fall 2021
- Repopulation Plan Example and Template
- Restricted Travel & Exception Approval Process
- Heightened Alert Nov. 25 - Dec. 4
- Spring 2021 Plans
- Returning to Rutgers University—Newark: A Working Plan for Fall 2020
- Returning to Rutgers – Institutional Plan for Restart
- Returning to Rutgers: A How-To Guide for Repopulating Rutgers Spaces
- Rutgers COVID-19 Testing Strategy
(Please note: no in-person group events are being scheduled in Rutgers spaces.)
- Barnes & Noble Bookstore at Rutgers-Newark
- Campus Awareness, Response & Education (CARE) Team
- Career Development Center
- Dana Library operating hours and services
- Dining venues on campus
- Financial Aid, Student Accounting, Billing & Cashiering, myRUN team and Registrar
- Health & Wellness
- myRUN Student Services
- Paul Robeson Campus Center
- Student Technology LaunchPad
- Available Study Spaces