Calling All Alumni: All Classes, Schools Invited To April 12-13 Reunion
Alumni from all graduating classes of Rutgers University, Newark, are invited to reunite with friends and classmates at an All-Class Reunion on April 12 and 13.
- Feeling Nostalgic, Alumni? Visit Your Alma Mater For Alumni Weekend, April 11-12
- Strike Up the Band: Mostly Free Music, Dance at Rutgers University-Newark, This Spring
- Acclaimed Authors, Poets Coming to Rutgers University‒Newark (RU-N) for Free Talks, Readings
- Celebrating the National Museum of African American History and Culture, Remembering Dr. Clement Alexander Price, 1945-2014
Plans include a young alumni mixer on the evening of April 12 and a full day of activities on April 13, ranging from brunch, a walking tour, biking through Branch Brook Park, a wine and chocolate reception, alumni receptions for former members of the campus chorus and the campus radio station, and individual reunions of the schools of Law, Business, Nursing and Criminal Justice, as well as several academic program reunions. Most events take place on the Rutgers-Newark campus. For a full listing of all of the day’s activities, and to register, go to http://ralumni.com/NewarkReunion. Alumni may contact the Rutgers University Alumni Association at, 973/353-5242, or Newark@winants.rutgers.edu, about events and registration.
Here are highlights of events open to all alumni and their guests.
FRIDAY, APRIL 12
Young Alumni Mixer; $20; 6-9 p.m., Adega Grill, 130 Ferry St., Newark
SATURDAY, APRIL 13
Reunion Brunch with the Golden and Silver Raider Societies, $25; 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Ackerson Hall, Third Floor Atrium, 180 University Ave.
- Campus Walking Tour: Hidden RU–Newark, $5, 1:30 - 3 p.m.; meet in front of Ackerson Hall, 180 University Ave.
- Bicycle Tour of Historic Branch Brook Park, $5, 1:30 -3 p.m.; meet at bicycle parking lot opposite 155 University Ave.
- Wine and Chocolate Reception, $65, 7-10 p.m., The Madison Hotel, 1 Convent Road, Morristown
SCHOOL AND ACADEMIC PROGRAM REUNIONS, SATURDAY, APRIL 13
Rutgers MBA in Professional Accounting Program Reunion Classes of 1963 and 1988
- Rutgers School of Criminal Justice
- Biological Sciences Alumni Reunion
- Rutgers School of Law–Newark Class of 1988 25th Class Reunion
- Rutgers College of Nursing Alumni Association Reunion
- Rutgers–Newark Chorus Alumni Organization Reunion
- WRNU Reunion and Dance Party
Reunion plans are also underway for the Honors College; for more information, please email email@example.com. Alumni may contact the Rutgers University Alumni Association at, 973/353-5242, or Newark@winants.rutgers.edu, about events and registration.
MEDIA CONTACT: Carla Capizzi