Office of Communications
To oversee external and internal communications, public relations, brand identity, and communications/marketing strategy for Rutgers University-Newark.
The Office of Communications reports to the R U-N Chancellor’s office.The department manages many aspects of communications for R U-N, including the core website, media relations, publications, selected special events and community engagement projects. Members of our staff work collaboratively with other campus administrators and faculty members to advance R U-N’s excellence in teaching, research and service. Our portfolio includes the following:
Web Communications and Social Media
- Oversight, development and maintenance of R U-N's core website, www.newark.rutgers.edu.
- Consultation and training for R U-N schools and departments in best practices and project management for web communications
- Social media connections for faculty, staff, alumni and friends.
- We work with media representatives from local, national and international media outlets to promote RU-N teaching, research and service excellence. (Newscenter)
- We provide consultation and support for faculty and staff working with the media.
- Working with the media - Tips from the Office of Communications
- We work with Rutgers University Communications and Marketing to promote the university.
Who We Are:
We tell stories…your stories – stories about the people and places that give life to this great institution and city. Through print, web, and social media, we connect you to what’s happening within our walls and across the seas. We’re a hub for your communications needs at Rutgers University-Newark.
Click here to see the full staff and media liaison list
Print and Digital
For more information and to view our Print and Digital work click here.
Resources and Consultation:
Are you working on a communications project? Need a photo for your website or brochure? Need help finding a vendor? Or do you just want a critical eye on your work? We can help with any of these! For more information on our Resources and Consultation click here.