RU Ready for September?
Whether you’re a freshman or a returning undergraduate or graduate student, September is around the corner; RU ready for your first day?
Taking care of business
If you still need to need to take care of financial aid, refunds, withdrawals, and the like, the place to start is the Business Services Office.
Next, check this handy to-do list, courtesy of the RU‒Newark Registrar’s Office:
- Check your email for messages regarding registration dates. You don’t have RU email yet? Activate your NetID and ScarletMail accounts
- Review your current schedule for accuracy
- Check the academic calendar for add/drop or withdrawal dates
- View/pay your term bill online, enroll in health care insurance, download forms, and more, using the Student Account Checklist
- Review your transcript using the Registrar‘s Online Resources and address any grade discrepancies immediately. Contact your academic adviser if you have questions; links to RU‒Newark deans and student service offices can be found here.
Are you a graduate student at the School of Criminal Justice, School of Public Affairs & Administration, Rutgers Business School or the Graduate School-Newark?
Check here to learn about academic advisement, registration, schedule of classes, and other useful information.
Are you a law student?
First-year orientation is Aug. 20-22 and your classes start Aug. 25; check the School of Law calendar.
Or are you a commuter?
Parking Deck 2 and the Essex Street lot will re-open Sept. 2. Check with the Parking Office about parking permits for fall.
Food and Fun
Both the Paul Robeson Campus Center and the Golden Dome Athletic Center are resuming regular hours with the start of the fall semester. Go to the source –their websites -- to learn about the facilities available to students and operating schedules. For dining options on campus, visit the dining website
Both the campus and the City of Newark host films, live theater, music and dance, sports events, art exhibitions and other activities to enlighten and entertain. The on-line campus calendar, which is updated regularly, is your guide to campus life.