Launch of Corr-Stat Region Real Time Crime Center at Newark Dec. 16
This event is closed to the public, but media are invited to cover it.
What: On Tuesday, Dec. 16, the Corr-Stat Region Real Time Crime Center (RTCC) will be launched at Newark, New Jersey. RTCC is a collaborative endeavor among state, county, and city officials and law enforcement agencies, scholars, and community and business partners to reduce violent and property crimes in the Corr-Stat Region of New Jersey. The Corr-Stat Region is the area that represents more than 80 cities along the Route 21 Corridor of Northeast New Jersey, stretching from Jersey City to Paterson, and including Newark.
Housed at the Newark Police Department headquarters on Clinton Avenue, RTCC will function as part of the broader information sharing initiative among the New Jersey Regional Operations Intelligence Center, the Newark Police Department, and other law enforcement agencies. The primary purpose of RTCC will be to address expeditiously and concurrently the response, analytic, and support needs of police officers responding to events on the street immediately after the officers arrive on the scene. RTCC will save money, allow for enhanced use of technology and equipment (both at the state and local levels), and support the regional partnership of state, county, and local law enforcement agencies, with the ultimate goal of reducing crimes and improving the quality of life of the constituents of Newark and surrounding communities.
During the two-hour unveiling of RTCC, leaders of RTCC will share success stories, demonstrate the innovative services of the center, and entertain questions from the media. This event is closed to the public.
Who: Confirmed speakers at the opening include, in order of appearance:
- Thomas O’Reilly, executive director of The Police Institute at Rutgers University-Newark
- Chief Anthony Campos, chief of police of the Newark Police Department
- The Honorable Ras Baraka, mayor of the City of Newark
- John Jay Hoffman, acting attorney general of the State of New Jersey
- Colonel Rick Fuentes, superintendent of the New Jersey State Police
- Carolyn A. Murray, acting prosecutor of Essex County
- Eugene Venable, director of the Newark Police Department
- Lori Hennon-Bell, vice president and chief security officer of Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Major Al Ponenti, director of the New Jersey Regional Operations Intelligence Center
- Lieutenant Fritz Frage, New Jersey State Police
- Lieutenant William Brady, Newark Police Department
- New Jersey State Police
- State of New Jersey, Office of the Attorney General
- Essex County Prosecutor
- Newark Police Department
- New Jersey Division of Parole
- Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Rutgers Police Institute
- Rutgers University—Newark
Tuesday, Dec. 16, 10 am - 12 pm
Newark Police Department Headquarters
480 Clinton Avenue
Newark, NJ 07108