A Fresh Start: Join GS-LSAMP to Jump Start Your Path to Graduating Successfully in S.T.E.M! (RSVP for Information Session)
Dana Room, 4th Floor
Garden State-LSAMP Annual Information Session and Student Panel (September 27th)
The GS-LSAMP program was initiated by the National Science Foundation and designed to increase the number of traditionally underrepresented minority students to graduate with a degree in the STEM fields.The program provides support services at many levels to help interested students be successful in STEM majors. LSAMP students enjoy the following outstanding opportunities to help them complete a STEM degree:
· Stipends for being ambassadors/mentors of the program
· Stipends for being LSAMP tutors
· Stipends for doing research internships with faculty members in STEM fields
· Stipends for summer internships, mentors, tutors and many other positions
· GRE prep courses
· Academic Boot Camps to help raise your GPA
· Bridge to Doctorates – LSAMP scholars (GPA 3.0+) provides financial support ($32,000/year) throughout the graduate studies for two years.
· Career Workshops & More!
**If you are interested in GS-LSAMP and learning more about the program, please RSVP to attend the Annual LSAMP Information Session & Student Panel on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 from 2:30pm- 4:00pm in the Dana Room. RSVP by sending an e-mail including your full name, and number you can be reached to the GS-LSAMP coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Spots limited so please RSVP by September 20, 2017**