Do NOT Use Broadcast Email for...
- General announcements of meetings and events. (Instead, refer to the Rutgers University-Newark public events calendar, Universitywide events calendar, or school and department calendars.)
- Messages of a personal or commercial nature
- Messages that include attachments, graphics or images.
The Rutgers University-Newark broadcast email system may not be used for illegal activities, commercial purposes not associated with the university, or uses that violate other university policies or guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to, emails:
- intended to initiate a discussion or conversation
- transmitted for political appeals, editorializing, or partisan (including issue-partisan) lobbying
- sent for personal financial gain
- that make misrepresentations by giving the impression that the user is representing or making statements on behalf of the university or any of its units
- delivered anonymously or under a false identity
- that harass or intimidate or contain foul or offensive language
Inappropriate use of the campus email system may result in disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, expulsion or termination.