Getting ready for the big day
Tips for a memorable and safe commencement:
- Traffic heading into Newark will be extremely heavy. Please plan accordingly and allow plenty of time to arrive at the venue no later than 7 am.
- Don't forget to bring your cap, gown and reader card to the ceremony. Extra caps, gowns or reader cards will not be available at the site.
- Since the procession will require a lot of walking, we recommend that you wear flat, comfortable shoes.
- Please follow the instructions of all event marshals and volunteers. They are there to make sure that the event proceeds in an orderly fashion.
- No student is allowed to bring a bag, purse, backpack, etc. into the line-up area or on the arena floor. Please leave any belongings with your parents or other guests.
- Please be courteous and turn off all electronic devices.
- Do not leave the arena until the ceremony is completed.
- Eat breakfast prior to arriving at Prudential Center as concession stands are not accessible from the student lineup area.
- No outside food, beverages, coolers, bottles or cans may be brought into Prudential Center.
- The use of alcoholic beverages at Prudential Center is strictly forbidden. This policy will be strongly enforced.
Go Back Commencement Main Page