Welcome New Students!
With the start of a new academic year, the faculty and staff at Rutgers University–Newark are eager to assist you and offer the following advice for starting the year on the right track.
Academic and Financial Services
Visit the Business Services Office for academic and financial services, and review the checklist below.
- Check your email for messages regarding registration dates
- Activate your NetID and ScarletMail accounts
- Review your current schedule for accuracy
- Check the academic calendar for add/drop or withdrawal dates
- View/pay your term bill online, enroll in health care insurance, download forms, and more, using the Student Account Checklist
- Review your transcript using the Registrar's Online Resources and address any grade discrepancies immediately. Contact your academic adviser if you have questions; links to RU-N deans and student service offices can be found here
Take our virtual tour and become familiar with the facilities here at Rutgers University-Newark!
Info for graduate students at the School of Criminal Justice, School of Public Affairs and Administration, Rutgers Business School, and the Graduate School
Check here to learn about academic advisement, registration, schedule of classes, and other useful information.
Info for law students
First–year orientation is August 19-21, and classes begin on August 24. Please review the School of Law calendar for additional dates and academic information.
Here are some helpful FAQs about moving in, including the schedules for checking in and getting settled in Woodward Hall, Talbott Apartments, University Square, and the newly renovated 15 Washington apartments!
Check with Commuter Transit and Parking Services for information about parking permits.
Dining and Recreation
Don't forget to acquaint yourself with the dining scene on and off campus. Whether you grab a bite to eat at the Paul Robeson Campus Center or at a local eatery, there are options for every appetite.
For fitness and fun, visit the Golden Dome Athletic Center where you can exercise or join our intramural teams.
Stay abreast of current events with our campus calendar and enjoy concerts, performances, sporting events, and other activities throughout the year. You can also visitwww.newarkhappening.com for additional information about events around town.