Our Reputation Opens Doors
A career network for life with MORE THAN 350,000 Rutgers alumni around the world
- Alumni of Rutgers University-Newark have served in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, as CEOs and presidents of companies as Prudential, PSE&G, Verizon, CIT Group, The Port Authority of NY and NJ, NY Mercantile Exchange, many others. Click here to see a list of our distinguished alumni.
- In 2011 our Economic Fed Challenge Team placed second in the nation (bested only by Harvard)
- Our campus is home to the only UNESCO affiliate on a college campus in the United States (International Institute for Peace)
- Professors Mauricio Delgado and Nihal Altan-Bonnet won prestigious Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers in 2010 and 2012 respectively
- Inside Jersey magazine found that Rutgers University in Newark had 3 of New Jersey's 20 "biggest brains" (only Princeton had more)
- The 2011 European Brain Prize (neuroscience equivalent of the Nobel Prize) was awarded to Professor György Buzsaki
- The Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award were awarded in 2009 to Professor Annette Gordon-Reed
- Prestigious Rutgers University Schools of Law, Business, Nursing, Criminal Justice and Public Affairs and Administration are all based on the Rutgers-Newark campus.
- President Obama's Vice Chair, Advisory Council on Historic Preservation is Professor Clement Price
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Rutgers University in Newark in the top tier of national universities
- Washington Monthly ranked the campus among the top few in “Best-Bang-for-the-Buck Colleges” in the United States in 2012
- Inside Jersey cites our Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience is one of the 12 brainiest places in New Jersey
- Rutgers University-Newark Leads the Garden State Alliance for Minority Participation in the Sciences
- Time magazine’s has named law alumna Elizabeth Warren among the "100 Most Influential People in the World"