Newark Chancellor Search Committee Open Forum
The Members of the Search Committee for the Newark Chancellor welcome all faculty, students, and staff members to a campus forum, moderated by Dr. Norma Riccucci, Vice-Chair of the Committee, to hear your ideas on the essential necessary characteristics of, and the opportunities and challenges facing, the next chancellor. Please come and share your ideas with the Committee about the following issues:
- What are the major challenges and opportunities the next Chancellor will inherit, both immediately and longer term?
- Given these challenges and opportunities, what kind of person is best equipped to address the challenges and exploit the opportunities?
- What kind of experience, management/leadership style, world view, personality, et. al.?
- Many of the best candidates will not have thought about making a job change and may be reluctant candidates; what compelling reasons can we use to convince these candidates to explore our opportunity?
- Sat. Mar. 15: Spring Recess Begins
- Sun. Mar. 23: Spring Recess Ends
- Mon. May. 5: Regular Classes End
- Wed. May. 7: Reading Period Ends