For many faculty at Rutgers-Newark, Earth Day truly is every day. The scope of their teaching and research demonstrates the many facets of environmental stewardship.
For instance, biologists, botanists, and geologists are examining the interactions of humans with nature, expanding our understanding plant and animal life, and seeking to preserve land and water resources, and animal and insect life.
Other scholars study legal avenues to protect our natural resources, impact climate change and regulate land use, while business experts try to understand the inter-relations of the environment and the supply chain.
Here are a few:
- Stuart Deutsch, School of Law-Newark
- Claus Holzapfel, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Howard Latin, School of Law-Newark
- Kevin Lyons, Rutgers Business School, Newark and New Brunswick
- Karina Schäfer, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Lee Slater, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Jessica Ware, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Judith Weis, Faculty of Arts and Sciences